Yes, indeed, if you like wine – delicious, Pacific Northwest wines – and you enjoy locally made cheeses (oh, what a gimmie!) then this is the tour for you … for almost anybody and everybody, actually.
Come along with us and savor newly released wines and ciders paired with a variety of hand-crafted, local, artisan cheeses:
1. Harbinger Winery and Samish Bay Organic Farmstead Creamery
2. Camaraderie Cellars and Willapa Hills Creamery
3. Black Diamond Winery and Golden Glen Creamery
4. Olympic Cellars and Golden Glen Creamery
5. Wind Rose Cellars and Black Sheep Creamery
6. Eaglemount Wine & Cider and Whiskey Hill Farm
7. FairWinds Winery and Mt. Townsend Creamery
8. Finnriver Farm & Cidery and Glendale Shepherd Cheeses
9. Marrowstone Vineyard and Mystery Bay Farms
With nine different, potential stops along your way, you’ll be wanting a designated driver. Maybe you could bribe them with cheese – but not wine! No, no, no – not unless you buy a bottle or two along the way to give them after the tour is over. Yeah, that’s the ticket! (actually, wineries will have non-alcoholic beverages on hand for designated drivers, so please be responsible)
Speaking of tickets, collect yours online, here. Each ticket entitles the bearer to a commemorative, 2014 Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour glass and wine and cheese tasting at all nine Olympic Peninsula Wineries. Choose a winery to start at, collect your ticket and glass at that venue, and you’re off!
Of course, tickets are not required to attend. In the case of non-ticketed participants, a $5 wine tasting fee will be charged at each winery.
Be prepared to show your ticket or your photo I.D., if you’re not ticketed, at each winery and set your tastebuds for mmmmmmmm!
The 2014 Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour!
May 3rd and 4th, 2014 – 11am to 5pm
For more information and tickets, please visit: www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org
See you on the tour!