NW Wine & Cheese Tour
Home > Events > NW Wine & Cheese Tour
NW Wine & Cheese Tour
May 3 & 4, 2014, 11am to 5pm
Say cheese! Or, better yet, local cheese -- the culinary operative for the Olympic Peninsula Wineries’ annual Northwest Wine & Cheese Tour. Food and wine enthusiasts are invited to enjoy sipping and savoring new wine releases and ciders paired with a variety of cheeses crafted by local artisan creameries, while reveling in the sights and sounds of nature reawakening on the scenic Olympic Peninsula. “Washington is home to a number of award-winning cheesemakers,” says Vicki Corson, president of the Olympic Peninsula Wineries Association, “some of which are internationally renowned. During the Northwest Wine & Cheese Tour, the Olympic Peninsula Wineries and nine local creameries will treat visitors to a truly local culinary experience, with interesting pairings that provide an authentic sense of place.”
Tickets may be purchased via PayPal and at participating wineries during the event. The $30 ticket and glass package entitles you to a special commemorative wine glass, complimentary wine tasting at all nine OPW Wineries and delectable samples of cheese at each winery during the NW Wine & Cheese Weekend. This event does not take place at one location. You travel from winery to winery, visiting the ones you are interested in exploring. Tickets are not required to attend this event. A $5.00 wine tasting fee will be charged at each winery for non-ticketed visitors. You must be 21 or over to purchase tickets and/or participate in wine tasting. All ticket sales are non-refundable.
The Olympic Peninsula Wineries encourage responsible wine touring and recommend that you have a designated driver in your group. Designated Drivers will be offered other beverages to drink and are invited to enjoy all cheese samples at each winery.
- Be prepared to show your ticket at each winery you visit to let us know you’ve checked-in.
- Be prepared to show your photo I.D. at each winery
- Please do not bring dogs to NW Wine and Cheese Tour. Some wineries welcome dogs on NON-EVENT days.
- Each person in your party will need to be present when checking in, so the winery can check ID's and distribute tickets
Please Help Us With Our Goal Of Responsible Wine Service...
- No winery will continue to serve or sell wine to any guest who appears intoxicated, even if they have a limo or designated driver.
- Be aware of those around you as you wait at the tasting bar for your sample, make room for others to enjoy the experience as well.
- We recommend limiting the number of wines you sample at each winery and we encourage you to take advantage of dump buckets provided for excess wine.
Wineries Participating in the NW Wine & Cheese Tour:
1. Harbinger Winery will be teaming up with Samish Bay Organic Farmstead Creamery of Bow, WA.
2. Camaraderie Cellars is partnering with Willapa Hills Creamery from Doty, WA.
3. Black Diamond Winery will be hosting Golden Glen Creamery of Bow, WA.
4. Olympic Cellars will be featuring Golden Glen Creamery from Bow, WA.
5. Wind Rose Cellars will be hosting Black Sheep Creamery of Chehalis, WA.
Due to the limited facilities at our small wineries, groups of more than 15 cannot be accommodated during event weekends. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a special group tour for another time.
The Olympic Peninsula Wineries encourage responsible wine touring and recommend that you have a designated driver in your group.